Contact us today for more information and find out if a creative profession in web design is right for you. Our career consultants will go over your career goals and show you the financial assistance options that will work best for you!
Web designers have a variety of duties, depending on their place of employment. Generally, designers will:
- Assessing client and end user needs.
- Consulting with IT professionals to determine how best to incorporate a Web site into existing frameworks.
- Designing the typography, layout, look and feel of Web pages.
- Designing and incorporating graphics and interactive elements.
- Sourcing, selecting, and organizing information for inclusion in the Web site.
- Testing Web site functionality.
- Updating Web content and maintaining Web sites.
- Consult with clients to develop and document web site requirements
- Prepare mock-ups and storyboards
- Develop web site architecture and determine hardware and software requirements
- Lead or participate in multi-disciplinary teams to develope websites
Recent studies indicate that strong growth in Web design jobs, particularly in the consulting sector, is expected over the next few years. Careers that correspond with the skills learned in this program include:
- Web Designer
- Web Site Developer
- Internet Site Designer
- Intranet Site Designer